A teacher must be assigned to a user role and reporting group(s) by their District Assessment Coordinator (DAC) to view On-Demand Reports and Historical Student Data in PearsonAccess Next. Please note, only District Assessment Coordinators and Assessment Administrators have access to the Longitudinal Reports and Published Reports. Contact your DAC or School Assessment Administrator to discuss what access you may have to PearsonAccess Next or how that data is provided.
On-Demand Reports are preliminary test results, and final results are included in Longitudinal Reports, Historical Student Data, and Published Reports.
- Preliminary On-Demand Reports - Preliminary results are available for the Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) and the Minnesota Test of Academic Skills (MTAS) within an hour after testing or data entry is completed. Preliminary student results provided in PearsonAccess Next can be printed and shared with students, families, and staff for instructional purposes; however, it is up to the district to determine how preliminary student results will be shared. On-Demand Reports are available until final assessment data are released.
- Historical Student Data - The Historical Student Data Report includes historical MCA and MTAS results for students who previously tested in the district, and for students who are currently enrolled in the district regardless of where they tested.
- Longitudinal Reports - Longitudinal Reports include historical MCA and MTAS results for review and comparison at the student, school, district, and/or state level by administration, performance, and student group.
- Published Reports - Published Reports include the final versions of reports provided to districts by MDE.
- Individual Student Reports - The Individual Student Reports (or ISRs) are the official report of the final MCA or MTAS test results. They include the student's overall test results and performance within the subject. If a student does not participate in a test, the reason will be included in this report. Paper copies of the ISRs are shipped to the districts when results are final. Districts are required to distribute the ISRs to families in the fall. Electronic versions are available under Published Reports.
- Educator Application - Individual student results are available to help teachers, schools, and districts make instructional and policy decisions.
- MCA and MTAS Rosters - Rosters show a summary of student test results on a grade-level report.
- Educator Application - Aggregate summary results are available to help teachers, schools, and districts make instructional and policy decisions.
- Benchmark Reports - Benchmark Reports are available under Published Reports and are provided to districts in the fall. The primary purpose of these reports is to serve as an additional piece of data to help identify possible gaps in instructional content that educators may find relevant and important.
- Educator Application - The Benchmark Reports are a tool that educators can use to help visualize school/district performance on specific benchmarks, relative to their overall performance on that year's MCA scores. There are many cautions that educators should consider when interpreting these reports, see the How To Quick Guides below. One important caution to keep in mind is that it is not possible to assess all of the state standard benchmarks on the MCA, due to their complexity, so these reports should be used in conjunction with classroom assessments when identifying gaps in instructional content. These reports cannot be used to compare data across years or between schools or districts.